View Single Post
Old 07.03.2010, 05:03 AM   #2
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
I've heard 'em play Dirty Boots live. I think it was '04. Want to say I heard 'em play it again maybe at Voodoo Fest a few years back. Can't be too sure.

Unfortunately, my job doesn't allow me to listen to my own music...but I tend to listen to stuff on the way to work....usually stuff to assist in waking me up.

Some favorites as far as SY are concerned:

Hyperstation (always sounds badass when still half asleep and cruising the interstate at 10:45pm dreading the night shift and in desperate need of coffee + totally loaded on nicotine)

Brother James (violent! sexy! everything my work place isn't)

Mildred Pierce (nasty without the aid of vocals, esp. nice if I'm feelin gross due to waking up at the last minute and rushing out the door feeling sticky and gross beneath my button down + tie))

Everything off that first record. R. Edson's percussion, man...wakes me up. Every time, every time.

Don't listen to much solo Thurston stuff when driving (rare for me to listen to it at all for that matter).

I do remember glancing down each time I got in my truck and seeing Lee's Amarillo Ramp (case) sitting in the passenger seat for about a week or so. That Non-Site #3 is a graet eye opener, too.