View Single Post
Old 07.21.2010, 08:23 PM   #17
atsonicpark
invito al cielo

atsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's assesatsonicpark kicks all y'all's asses
Thanks, I like you too... I have OCD, and for years this has influenced many of the things I do, and decisions I make. It's like my brain is lying to me. I think I've always had this, "I want to hear more music than anybody!" and be this walking encyclopedia.

But the older I get, the more I level out, and mellow out, and along with some personal shit I've dealt with, I think I'm starting to realize that life's too short to like everything that is ever good. I mean, I haven't even started on books; I've read plenty of great ones, but you know? Think how long it would my life would have to be if, along with my movie and music and video game addiction, I was reading books all the time too.

So, yeah, I'm just trying to mellow out and trying not to be so spastic about everything; I'm not forcing myself to like something, I've noticed that a lot of albums, especially the more abstract/experimental/underground stuff many of us on here cling to, just take more than a listen to get into, and if it doesn't initially strike me, maybe I should try a few more times before writing it off. My motto in life is that everything worth having, is worth working for. I think the best cd's are the ones that don't jump at me right away, that take a bit of work -- or multiple listens -- to really appreciate the beauty of them.

Years past, I'd already have a "top 100 for the year!" but now I only have a top 10... I just am not listening to as much of a variety of music as before, but I'm still listening to a lot of music, period. And it's interesting, and I'm glad that my mind has changed, and feeling has changed, towards certain groups and music in general.

atsonicpark is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|