View Single Post
Old 08.02.2010, 07:54 PM   #35
ann ashtray
expwy. to yr skull

ann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's assesann ashtray kicks all y'all's asses
1) Do you develop a special internet persona that is not the real you?
What is the real anyone?

2) Are more willing to tolerate things or behave in ways you wouldn't in your normal life?
It depends. It can be difficult to hear tone online...difficult to tell the difference between someone making a heartfelt statement, or just joshin' around.

3) Is it hard for you to see the others you are interacting with as other human beings? What changes that detached approach, what humanizes an internet user?
Some are robots to me, yes. Just letters spreading across a screen. There are others I legitimately care about. Some clearly get online/join forums just to fuck around. I can relate, on some level. Others get online looking for more "serious" social interaction. I relate to this too...

4) Do you find yourself doing things that you think you wouldn't do offline?
Have you developed any new interests/obsessions that you wouldn't have otherwise?
I've done very little (if anything) online that I wouldn't do offline. If I'm pissed, it comes out online. If I'm drunk, it comes out online. If I'm sad, lonely, anything else...it tends to come out online.

Finally, do you really believe it shouldn't be seen as serious?
I don't believe anything should nec. be seen as anything...

Isn't the internet a REAL SERIOUS part of everybody's life now?
For most, no doubt. Why go out every night when ya can just log on? I still enjoy both worlds.