View Single Post
Old 08.14.2010, 03:37 AM   #66
Count Mecha
100%

Count Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's assesCount Mecha kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeneticKiss
The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari is considered by many to be the first horror film ever made. I haven't seen it so I can't really say if it's "scary" or not, but it was certainly more twisted than anything else of the time.

I've heard that said as well, and I never really understood why they said that. I mean, a full decade before there was Frankenstein in 1910. But I think maybe they don't mention that one because it's more of a short film. It's only like 8 or 12 minutes long, something like that. There's also L'inferno which is Dante's Inferno. But maybe they consider that more of a fantasy film.

Cabinet of Dr. Caligari is fine, I haven't seen it in a looooong time. The look of that movie is easily the most interesting thing about it, the paper sets, painted shadows, strange.

The horror genre is the one I think that is the most difficult to enjoy. There are some really great horror pictures out there and I enjoy a solid number of them, but it's the one genre out of all of them that's really run down and over saturated with really awful direct to video brain dead movies. And there are so many of them it makes it easy to hate exploring the genre.

Count Mecha is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|