View Single Post
Old 08.19.2010, 11:59 AM   #10
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
never in person, of course we all saw on this TV

flying is statistically safe but still unpleasant-- crammed like cattle in coach, anal probes at the security check, walking on everyone's foot fungus spores (disgusting), 3 hours sitting on the runway--

what i fear the most is sitting next to a really voluminous person who should have paid for 2 tickets and "expands" into one's seat-- last time it was this big woman that kept taking up more & more space-- my elbows were deep in fatback-- i fucking hate that.

I also thought about this moment when I posted this thread.. on 9/11 my moms came in my room waking my up for school saying in what I had interpreted at the moment as a sarcastic tone, that "America is under attack. Get up quick!" (I thought she was being facetious because I was a blatantly out-spoken anarchist at the time)

so I scratched my ass and got up and just as i turned on the TV expecting to see GoodDay LA and annoying Jillian Barberie give me the predictable sunny, LA hot hot fall weather, I saw the second plane crash live into the tower.. that was quite a moment. I was like, "holy fucking shit!" I couldn't believe my eyes, I simply thought it was not real.. and then, still trying to grasp at what I just saw, the first smoldering tower suddenly collapsed.....

that was quite a morning I tell you. I walked to school (well towards school, I never intended to go rather I was going to ditch and go to my friends house on the street behind the school) so terrified of everything, I thought the police and army would hit the streets with tanks and roadblocks at any moment, I thought I was gonna get gaffled up in the confusion.

The El Toro Crash is equally vivid but for different reasons, I remember seeing the plane fly up and do a flip, and as it was coming back down we ALL knew it was diving a bit fast and low, but none of us expected the horrific, fiery crash the happened... that fire-ball, the smoke ploom, the smells and heat...

Considering the show went on, even at the cost of a man's life, that was one of the first days I ever remember being ashamed of being an American, because Americans were more down to watch planes fly over-head showing force, dropping bombs to show off their balls and lack of brains, when a man had just died for Christ's sake! Over our entertainment? fucking shit, the disillusionment still stings like a knife..

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|