View Single Post
Old 12.01.2010, 10:02 AM   #63
SONIC GAIL
invito al cielo

Location: I moved from hillbilly Florida to hillbilly Alabama
SONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's assesSONIC GAIL kicks all y'all's asses
[quote=kinn]no its not.

people who are actually poor cant afford university without state assistance. asking them to work 2 jobs to pay for it themselves makes them stressed, tired, too busy too study and gives them a worse education. we all do worse when that happens as a society. we are underqualified, stupider, pitted against each other with less hope of progress. the class divide gets bigger. those kids have to work even more for even less so their kids can have even less of a hope of being able to afford university. families get stuck in poverty for generations.

quote]

I am an example of this. In the beginning I had state assistance, but I lived on my own and had no other choice but to work a full time job (60 hrs a week) whilr going to school full time. It is impossible to keep that up. I dropped out from the stress and my grades sunk after 2 semesters. I went back 2 years later and was forced to pay out of pocket because you can only get assistance when you go to school full time and I could not do that i ended up just taking 2 classes at a time until I finished. I made straight A's that time around.

Because of my educational background I am kind of stuck into this lower wage position without any chance for advancement. Thus the story goes on for my kids will suffer the same fate unless they can get a scholarship and don't move out untill they graduate.

SONIC GAIL is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|