View Single Post
Old 08.05.2011, 12:25 AM   #26
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
The SYRS are touch and go for me. I can listen to Anagrama all fucking day long, and I think the first three songs are good as any album cuts.

There are great tracks scattered through out them all ("International Spy" is fucking incredible), but I can only listen to the serious noise-outs about once a year.

However, I do collect them like mad, and I think SYR is one of the main reasons why Sonic Youth are so much different from ALL other bands. No other contemporary artists do stuff like this.

(Except maybe the Lips, who also invest a lot of time and money into doing whatever the fuck they want, sales be damned; one of the reasons I like them so much.)
I love SYR1, SYR2, SYR3, SYR7 and SYR9 as much as those "official" albums! SYR4 is also very great, but it donīt "feed all my Sonic hunger". SYR5 is ok, but also like Thurstonīs solos, there is something missing thatīs in SY (Well I think Thurston got to very near of SY`s greatness in Demolished). By the way, have you got Made In Usa and Demonlover? I think they are also very, very great!

I think only real reason to make art is express yourself. Of course I understand many people have to get their bread for making art, but I donīt believe you can make a good art with thinking "I have to get enough money for this to live". And I donīt feel jealousy to any kind of artist, itīs a real fight if you live just making art without giving away any of your principles.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|