View Single Post
Old 08.08.2011, 01:03 AM   #38
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
I donīt understand about that discussion about lack of theme in Eternal, because to me itīs very hard to find clear theme from any Sonic Album. I think the sounds have been the thing ties SY-albums, and it is so in Eternal. The clearest "theme"-album is BMR and I think there isnīt also that kind of theme that is for example Who Tommy or Pretty Things S.F Sorrow. Yeah, maybe there is some kind of theme in Sister, but I think it is just behind of that album.

Maybe the problem is that Eternal sound so perfect. When I first time heard Eternal, I truly though itīs their "Sgt Pepper". I have come down to that, but I listened Eternal few days ago (I havenīt listened it a while) and still it sound very good to me. Washing Machine donīt truly sound to me like Eternal. Maybe there is something same in Daydream Nation and Goo -production, because they also have kind of "well-produced-drum sounds", but to me they also sound quite different. I knew somebodies that were very disappointed to Daydream Nation, maybe the reason is that it has so modern sounds if you compare it to Sister.

What I said before from those drumsounds, I think when you are recording with protools there always come same drum sounds if you really donīt pay attention to them (I have heard many demos made in Protools that have exactly those same drum sounds as in Eternal). And I think itīs very boring because of course drum sounds has to be like the music and those "pro-tools drum sounds" are good only in Heavy metal or hard rock.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|