View Single Post
Old 08.08.2011, 01:37 AM   #39
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by E. Noisefield
But if that's the case, why doesn't it sound more like a Matador record?

If it had some kind of S&E feel, I think it would work better, but the songs are SO precisely produced and so clean. It reminds me a bit of WM at times, Dirty at others...

Like i said, the songs are great. I love all of them.

However, does anyone else think that "Antenna" sounds kind of REM-y? I think the chorus is very reminiscent of that band's typical melodic leanings.

Well, I have EVER compared SY and REM, but I have to admit maybe there is something same in Antenna and REM. I donīt know why is it so, but I have always thought REM is very much poorer band than SY, maybe more narrow is the correct word. Of course REM is quite ok band.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|