View Single Post
Old 10.10.2011, 07:52 PM   #61
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by noisereductions
In The Fishtank is probably the only SY release I genuinely don't like.

Oh, I don't think that counts as an "album"... not to me anyway. And you're right- it's shit. But it's not, like, an SY record. It's a collaboration sessions release from a series that hasn't produced anything memorable.

I think this thread is referring to the studio albums and big EPs, mostly.

I actually don't consider many of the SYR's to be "Sonic Youth albums". SYR 5 may say "Sonic Youth" on it, but it's not an SY album... nor SYR 3. Others are more so (SYR 1- Anagrama ranks with my favorite SY releases, and I'd put it next to their studio albums any day), but definitely not all of them.

Honestly, who among us is totally familiar with every second of every album that say "Sonic Youth" on it? Not I. I may own 90% of them, and base my life on 75% of them as though they were scripture, but I couldn't rattle off the tracklisting for every collabo, sessions EP, soundtrack, etc., and I consider myself a massive SY fan.

But yr right that ITF sucks.
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|