View Single Post
Old 11.14.2011, 07:31 PM   #8
E. Noisefield
the end of the ugly

E. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's assesE. Noisefield kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
I've lived in enough places to know that there will always be young people who don't follow the Spectacle required normed styles - when I was young the expressions used were art fags and hippies and punks. There is always a demeaning expression being used. Now its hipsters. But it doesn't mean anything. So your question doesn't mean anything, unless you want to offer a definition of hipster.
I did find the expression hipster used relating to some 60's groovy cats preLSd era.

Whoah, it's not demeaning! Not meant to be, anyway.

Listen- most people would probably call me a hipster (though an aging one). Yes, I recall "art fag", and "punk" precedes me. But I've been called a hipster for years, and I've never considered it an insult. There was a time when I was called a punk, too, and a "goth" (which really stung). But I realize that I'm probably a hipster in truth.

Listen, I'm not using it in that way. No insult was meant.
Why's this thread still here?
E. Noisefield is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|