View Single Post
Old 03.23.2012, 03:12 AM   #225
Bal
the end of the ugly

Bal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's assesBal kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by mil_pl
This record isn't that interesting as I thought it will be. I kinda forgot about it after few listens, but still there's one highlight "Xtina as I knew her". And again John Agnello's production... it's boring, that's why Thurston's Demolished Thoughts is much better and fresher than Lee's Between the Times and the Tides.

I'd be happy if someone after listening will write an objective opinion. Not fan's praise.

Anyway here's Pitchofork's review, with which I kinda agree: http://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/...and-the-tides/

gotta agree with you here 100%!
im not a kinda guy who likes to diss anything sy related (actually i dont like to diss anything on the internet), but this album is kinda hit n miss. It has its moments, but its mostly very conservative rock music.
it lacks of energy and originality, while thurston on demolished thoughts, showed his musical visions from a whole different perspectiv

Bal is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|