View Single Post
Old 03.26.2012, 02:21 PM   #22
Screaming Skull
children of satan

Screaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's assesScreaming Skull kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murmer99
one of my favorites on GOO. While I think that album isn't very impressive as a whole, it's a lot of fun to listen to every so often. Dirty Boots, Tunic, Kool Thing, Disappearer, Mote, Cinderellas Big Score (!), Mildred Pierce... great collection of songs. But then you have the crap like my friend goo and mary christ....

anyways, I've mentioned before that the song "Bull in the Heather" initially made me feel obliged to dig deeper into their discography. As mentioned above, Confusion is Sex is the most difficult to understand at first. Overcoming the first few listens was very rewarding for me though

Lots of contradiction in these statements. You state that Goo "isn't very impressive as a whole", but then go on to label 7 of the album's 11 tracks as "great". I'll give you 'My Friend Goo', but 'Mary Christ' is one bad-ass tune (would fit right in on Thurston's Psychic Hearts). 'Titanium Expose' is yet another "great" tune and 'Scooter & Jinx' - on good headphones - can prove to be quite transportive. I'm not saying it's you, per se, but a lot of folks on this board think it's cool to say Goo and Dirty are SY's "sell-out" albums and cite A Thousand Leaves and New York City Ghosts & Flowers as somehow being superior albums. To each his own (obviously), but Goo and Dirty should be viewed as the SY cornerstones they, in fact, are...
Screaming Skull is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|