View Single Post
Old 03.28.2012, 07:03 AM   #38
toxic johnny
expwy. to yr skull

toxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's assestoxic johnny kicks all y'all's asses
Not so much a song at first but rather those strange spectral icy chords that open She's In a Bad MOOD. I went to the Hacienda to see Lydia Lunch (pre 'In Limbo' period /Foetus on sax and Jessamy Calkin on breaking wine glasses) in 1983 and Confusion Is Sex was played in it's entirety before she came on. Neither me nor my friends had heard anything like it before and were totally bowled over by what we were hearing. I was haunted by those chords throughout Lydia's set and desperately needed to find out what the album was. My friends agreed so we all went backstage to ask Lydia who had made that mindblowing album. The rest, as they say, is history.
Thanks Lydia...

toxic johnny is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|