Thread: BBQ
View Single Post
Old 06.18.2012, 09:49 AM   #1
SonicBebs
expwy. to yr skull

SonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's assesSonicBebs kicks all y'all's asses
i wonder what your thoughts are on BBQ's

i've always preferred the classic Hot Coals method, and while it can be frustrating in that the only way to lower the temp and stop your Belly of Pork burning to a crip is to pour some beer on the coals, i do prefer the whole ritual of lighting it and waiting for the coals to catch/burn etc. Plus i'm told you get that "authentic bbq flavour" whenj cookijg on coals.

But, my Brother-in-law insists that the "authentic bbq flavour" is only caused by meat juices dripping onto the heat source, and then the smoke rising back up and flavouring the meat. he argues that the coals themselves do not flavour the meat. He argues that Gas heated elements give just as good a flavour, are much less wasteful land give you much more controll on the cooking heat. Meaning you get better results

it makes sense to me but i refuse to risk ridicule of my fellow English Men when i wheel out the gas barbie. surely half a can of lighter fluid a few broadsheet newspapers and some kindling (or at least those self lighting bags from sainsburies) give better results?
SonicBebs is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|