View Single Post
Old 07.11.2012, 01:55 AM   #58
Starcat
bad moon rising

Starcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's assesStarcat kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tesla69
You guys are the best. This is pretty good - its an Onion report I think but it made me laugh and also makes some good points.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sThc...ature=youtu.be

I never really understood why people worry so much about what they make public and private on facebook. Except to prevent family and coworkers from being offended by the things I say, and to prevent potential rapists from knowing my address, I really don't see how privacy matters. Even if the CIA did use facebook to monitor people, like I'm sure they do to some extent, they're only doing it to enforce the law better. No president who wants to get re-elected would allow the CIA to arrest political dissidents as determined by their facebook statuses.

Or remember when people freaked out when facebook started selling information about what people "like"d to companies? All that it did was make advertisements more effective, which is a small price to pay for a service that essentially keeps the internet free.

Starcat is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|