Thread: Thurstons Book
View Single Post
Old 10.11.2012, 08:12 PM   #13
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by hirsute_biped
It was supposed to be a double 7 inch with book. I pre-ordered but was refunded when it was canceled. I assumed that the song count expanded and became Demolished Thoughts, which also included a few poems. Other print material became/to-become other things...?

This was more or less my take on it too, but I wasn't following that closely. I really like this song, I think it's one of his more successful journeys into that territory.

Really though, I'm replying to say that I once heard "Silver Rain.." playing in Starbucks, and have always wondered how that happened. Even having somewhat intimate knowledge of how their playlist works, I'm still curious. Which big conglomerate owns the company that owns Matador or however this would have to work for the track to have been made available to them.

Or was it on one of those mix CDs they sometimes offer? Was it released anywhere aside from Demolished Thoughts (which I still really like, btw)? I've heard a lot of curious stuff in Starbucks but most of it I can trace up the ladder...
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|