View Single Post
Old 10.16.2012, 10:31 PM   #33
jetengine
children of satan

jetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's assesjetengine kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
what about NoMeansNo! best canadian band ever!!!!

Oh, definitely NoMeansNo!

Sometime when I get the chance, I'm going to re-read all the old magazine articles I have on bands like Sonic Youth in the mid to late '80s and see what they were being labelled as at the time. Besides 'alternative', I recall the term 'white noise' often being applied to bands like SY, The Jesus & Mary Chain, Spacemen 3, etc. The first Canadian band that I remember being labelled 'low-fi' was Eric's Trip in the very early '90s. Sloan were being placed in the same sound category as SY at the time of their first two major releases, Peppermint and Smeared (both 1992--Christ! Has it actually been two decades?!!). I can also remember when Sons Of Freedom released their first album in '88, and Graffiti magazine compared them to Live Skull and Band Of Susans. That was fairly accurate.
jetengine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|