Originally Posted by SuchFriendsAreDangerous
My revised top-10 for 2013
(1) Killah Priest "Psychic World of Walter Reed"
(2) Talib Kweli "Prisoner of Conscious"
(3) MC Tree "Sunday School II: When Church Lets Out"
(4) Ghostface Killah "Twelve Reasons To Die"
(5) Earl Sweatshirt "Doris"
(6) Hieroglyphics "The Kitchen"
(7) Janelle Monae "The Electric Lady"
(8) MC Eiht "Keep It Hood"
(9) Kanye West "Yeezus" (same thing, it makes the list even if I don't listen to it)
(10) Inspectah Deck "Czarface"
(10 part b) Kool Keith "Magnetic Pimp Force Field" (this record is interesting, the way Dr Dooom was a satiric exploration of 1990s noir rap, this seems like Keith satirizing the Kanye/Wayne pimp rap records of 2013)
Revised this list and unless something really kick ass comes out in the next three weeks I'm sticking too it! What is fantastic is there are at least five records that didn't make this list that were also good, so I dare say 2013 is the best year of the 2000s for hip-hop. I haven't even found 10 rap records I like in one year since the 1990s!!
Also, can't believe I slept on the top-5 (Priest, Talib, Ghostface..) records of the year and was sixth months late to the party yo!