View Single Post
Old 12.05.2013, 01:51 PM   #3990
SuchFriendsAreDangerous
invito al cielo

SuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's assesSuchFriendsAreDangerous kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob Instigator
it seems like you futbol fanatics talk 1% actual match action and the other 99% it's soap-opera bullshit.

Firstly, duh, its international sport, so obviously there is much gossip, and secondly, isn't ALL sport about the other 99% that is not just the games played themselves?

All this drama about the pot/bowl system makes me think, "fuck it." Why have such an absurd system in name of face-saving quasi-arbitrariness? Why not just have a more traditional table system and match up teams directly by ranking rather than by this sort-of-randomness in the drawing from the pot/bowls?? Yes, its not random and involves math, but the pot/bowl system essentially still guarantees that crap teams will be in a group with power-house teams, so fuck it! I don't usually like tables, I think it doesn't allow lower seeds a fair chance to advance into playoffs, it automatically buoys the best teams which is why I like the American system of Conferences and Divisions which still reward better win-records but also mix up the competition a bit by allowing teams with a lesser win-record to play in higher seed rankings based on Division leaders.

SuchFriendsAreDangerous is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|