View Single Post
Old 03.02.2014, 07:15 PM   #97
A Thousand Threads
expwy. to yr skull

A Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's assesA Thousand Threads kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by dead_battery
our culture is dedicated to the disavowal of death, and the confused attempt to make hedonism a positive value in itself and live for that entirely.

everyone is terrified of death, but they just want to affect a pose that makes it look like they aren't. smugness, sneering, or straight up dipshittery.

none of us can come up with whatever "art" or entertainment that is gonna make us feel the "passion" again. we should just give up and try a different approach. unless we think hard about the default assumptions that we don't recognize we're working from, it won't work.

mhh...
on the other hand, i'm quite fond of enthusiam for culture, music, arts, literature, science or people as a socially very effective force that can be used in various ways.
I mean, things can suck, there might be shitloads of unbelievingly bad poems, paintings, books, songs, stupid music videos... angst-inducing tons of completely useless crap as sugaring for the other economical crap. And yes, there's not much of a chance to not be affected by all this nonsensical information...

but there are many people doing amazing things!
if that's making hedonism a positive value in itself...
more grapes and some wine please!

you are not obsessed with music
you are obsessed with the idea of being obsessed with music
don't choose music
my music
- Sleaford Modshttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hIypGatsq50

I always enjoy reading your thoughts on here and for the most of it, I tend to agree with you, but then sometimes I don't get your implications.

btw.
thank you for the evangelion recommendation in the movie fred. Really enjoyed the series. The Virtual Institute of Vienna said I should check out urotsukidoji next. but i'm not sure...
A Thousand Threads is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|