View Single Post
Old 11.03.2014, 10:07 AM   #18
scott v
expwy. to yr skull

scott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's assesscott v kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by RanaldoNecro

Interesting... curious to know if he'll use one of these tc electronics flashback delays on his live board rig, if not already. tc electronics pedals seem more interesting to me recently, mostly their Ditto ( the X2 model looks like a nice alternative to a Line6 DL4 but without the delay) and these flashback delays which sound interesting.

I was using a big box deluxe memory man for a long time but it has its flaws (abit too "hissy" even for tape emulation, distorted signal, and its just big) and a Line6 DL4 but I only prefer the looper mode and don't like the delay sound in that looper mode so I use another delay/echo in front of the DL4. I wish I had my digitech/dod pds 1002 2 second delay looper still (the one Lee mentions and uses) it just started to sound like the op amp chips were going bad, same with my old PDS 8000 (8 second looper version!) that was a real bummer, since they are pretty much un-repairable once the op amps go bad since they require specific chips which are long obsolete.

My favorite delay/echo right now is the Catalinbread Echorec (based on the old Binsen Echorec) its really the best new echo/delay effect I've tried in a very long time, plus its the size of a MXR pedal. The MXR Carbon Copy is okay, abit too dark and the runaway oscillation is too immediate and not pleasing enough sounding. I'm not much of a Boss fan, but I also do like the DD-3 (I have one that's modded so the delay trails decay in a more analog delay way...)

btw, I caught this funny error in that interview. "...James Damascus from Dinosaur Jr. for a certain kind of tone - a kind of knarly tone..."

hehe James Damascus?

scott v is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|