View Single Post
Old 03.06.2015, 04:06 PM   #247
Chris Lawrence

Chris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's assesChris Lawrence kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
the other day i had this critical-paranoiac (dalí) flash in which secretmonalisa (a shy hypersensitive name-- and from kansas, no less!) was kim's internet alter ego, digging up the dirt here in the board.

every post from secretmonalisa is a curious gem...i've had my eye on her(?) for years.

btw jenn - great review!! love the pic that kim tweeted, too.

for me, the book was a good, quick read - i rarely care about an artist's childhood (let's be honest, i would have loved to read kim write 200 pages on nothing but the sonic youth discography, which i'm sure would bore her senseless) but in an autobiography it's always a little more interesting. neil young's book was the same. it is curious how the "thousand leaves"/"nyc ghosts" era is so quickly glossed over - i wonder if she just wasn't feeling the band at this point (young child) and jim's arrival really invigorated her?

i noticed a handful of errors, none more blatant than kim attaching a story to a pic of her and kurt that unfortunately was taken over a year before frances was born (and before he actually met courtney!).

also, somebody has to explain to me how "brother james" corresponds to mystery train, lyrically. this is the first i've heard of her specifically mentioning jim morrison, so has the "james" in the title been jim morrison this whole time?!
http://www.sonicyouth.com/mustang // original folk blues ... . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .i'm the boy that can enjoy invisibility. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
Chris Lawrence is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|