View Single Post
Old 04.19.2015, 10:33 AM   #3882
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
Most of the books I read are library loans. However, I have to have my own copies of my favorite books. The above, for example.

Another reason I buy books is that I am a slow reader. I have to renew and renew library books, then recheck them out, and on and on. However, the college library here has lonnngg loan times, basically the whole academic year, and then whole summer.

yeah, i hear you. i'm not anti-buying-- just anti-buying-as-default. i bought so much back in the day i'm stuck with oodles of cartons of books i need to offload. sometimes i trade them at the used book guy but he's HOURS away from my boondocks. so i'm like a reformed smoker with the knee-jerk purchases. i've learned my lesson.

anyway i just had an old book from the library that i had to renew & renew. i was going to buy it but then found something more complete and updated. which is this:

paperback is $15 (plus shipping). but the kindle edition? that's just $3. yes $3. three U.S. dollars ha ha ha. sweet sweet buy and it's a reference that i'll be consulting often. so i did. pay $3.

AH, LITERATURE!!
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|