View Single Post
Old 04.20.2015, 09:46 PM   #3896
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by gmku
No, did not know that about his first wife. A kind of Nabokovian coincidence, no!?

she's in good part the responsible one for getting his cornell lectures on literature published--the intro is by updike. by the way, that is one of the VERY BEST books of literary criticism i've ever read. just fantastic. it's always the artists who write the best criticism. and the best criticism always makes you want to read.

Quote:
Originally Posted by schizophrenicroom
finished the dark side of the enlightment today, as well as a biography of tennessee williams. then read the letters of f scott and zelda because i was feeling romantic, i guess

what is teh hemingway book where he drives around with fitzgerald he gets drunk too easily and they talk about his problems? and hemingway tells him to use a pillow so she can get pregnant. that whole look at him was hilarious.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|