View Single Post
Old 08.27.2015, 10:21 PM   #39771
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
dont worry about holy jesus, suchfriends and i always argue about everything. you should see the mightly football thread. kindly ignore the noise, which is irrelevant.

anyway, on with the story....

Quote:
Originally Posted by terriblecanyons
to be honest I'm considering relocating to ft collins mostly because it's conveniently close to my friends and i could maybe get residency buuuuuut it's been my dream to go to either nawlins or nashville for a while now

lol go already while you're young. the older you get the harder it is to work shit jobs and live on ramen and make lifelong friends that will be your network. and dreams get more distant and one gets sadder and more "reasonable" and then it's an office job to pay the student debt and a drink at the end of the day to forget you once wanted something. then you're stuck someplace.

those dream cities have schools too, and in-state tuition should be cheap after a year. but you get a chance to play as well with other young & hungry people and also find old musicians and mentors and who knows.

re: the snootie.s they've been chosen for competitions probably since they were 7, yes? they proably were hanging out in your backyard at the grand teton the past few weeks. sometimes they go on performance today, the little brats, talking to fred child about how they want to skateboard but their dads won't let them lolol. so what if that's not you. you still can play and you love music. yes?

popular music demands something other than absolute technical perfection-- it doesn't care if you went to school or played with a broken piano that you fixed in an alley. right? you need skills but also... i don't know, it's different. more options i think. plus, professionals never stop learning, right? it's not like you get a gig and never take classes again. e.g., quincy jones dropped out of berklee to go to tour, later studied with nadia boulanger, later produced michael jackson, ha ha. it's a lifelong study and it's not all in a classroom. i remember reading somewhere that corin tucker took lessons from an opera singer so she wouldn't lose her voice touring with s/k. always learning/practicing, for life.

anyway, i don't know what's in fort collins--- but colorado has good breweries and free weed. maybe a lot of musicians moving in as a result lol. i have friends in denver and boulder but never been to fort collins. wikipedia says: a local symphony, and CSU has a music scene around it. okay. maybe that. it ain't mecca though.

anyway, best wishes with whatever you choose but i hope you don't chicken out of your dreams, because, damn. and i'm no musician so i can't offer any advice proper but i hope you connect with others soon. we tried arts via the internet for 2 years while living in the boonies and it didn't work out, so now we're going where the art is. there's no e-shortcut for community. fact. gotta get in the thick of it and share meals and coffees and beers and hardships and look at people's faces to get into the action. start a band, leave a band, break a band, etc. it's just how things work. the longer you stay, the deeper your roots. the more you do something, the more you end up doing it. the longer you wait for change, the harder it gets to change. not to say it's impossible, but things build up that way.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|