View Single Post
Old 08.28.2015, 04:23 PM   #39776
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by EVOLghost

She wants to be an interpreter. She switched her majors and she's b een learnign sign for about a year and halfs. She's already fluent and WAAAAYYY ahead of where she should be, but it helps that she has deaf family which she spends a lot of time with. I'm trying to learn at least the alphabet. I have a lot of it down and I know some other signs too...basic ones, but I wish to learn enough to communicate. Deaf people are really....open. They're not limited to shame and embarrassment like hearing people. It's weird..but it's pretty easy to be INCREDIBLY open with them. Anyways...the community is so welcoming! it's really nice.

ahhhh... very nice. yes! ASL is more than just a language, it's part of a whole other culture really. it's funny (to me) when people think ASL is english-with-hands.

the interpreter job seems super intense. when i was in grad school i had a couple of deaf classmates (not in my actual class but in courses i took) and the interpreter would be there going at lightning speed.

well i hope she can take advantage of the hiatus to save her pesos and practice more in the meantime. it's not like she can take the course elsewhere & transfer credits, right? if it was english 101 maybe...

anyway, good to hear things go well in spite of obstacles
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|