View Single Post
Old 09.02.2016, 03:03 AM   #110
Mortte Jousimo
expwy. to yr skull

Mortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's assesMortte Jousimo kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Severian
Re: the Beatles
I didn't mean to suggest that I don't love early Beatles. I do. I went nuts over the BBC sessions 2 a few years ago. I love Anthology 1 and the first BBC sessions. All I meant was that compared to Abbey Road, the White Album, Revolver, etc., their early material wasn't exactly mind blowing. It was still great music, carefully composed and beautiful, and their personalities and general group dynamic in those early years was really something. There is no Beatles era or music that I dislike, except for a song or two here and there.
No, please don't get me wrong. I fucking love the Beatles to the point of near-obsession. I've read more books on them (as a band and as individuals) than any other artist. My love for them and my curiosity about/interest in them is without limit. They probably wouldn't make it into a current list of my top 5 artists, but from an all-time perspective, they're right up there with Sonic Youh and the Velvet Underground.
I didn't mean to suggest otherwise. I guess I take it as a matter of public record that I'm a Beatles devotee, and that anyone reading my playfully disparaging comments about their pre-Rubber Soul days would take it with a grain of salt. Sorry. To be crystal clear: I fucking love the Beatles like woah.
Agree. I had a period when I thought true Beatles music started in Rubber Soul. Then in the nineties came those mono rereleases from early albums, so I bought Please Please Me & Beatles For Sale and really started to respect their early stuff too, but still I am thinking the later is just better. From those early albums I think With the Beatles & Help! are the best entities, although there are very many really huge songs in Hard Days Night too. And great songs in the rest too. I think to me Beatles will never be even in the top20 artist list, but still always will be really important band.
Mortte Jousimo is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|