View Single Post
Old 11.08.2016, 12:51 PM   #19846
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!

wait. teen wolf, the mtv show, comes from a movie? lol. never seen that. saw a bit of the mtv shit for lols mostly (talkback tv). anyway...

You bet your ass it's from a movie. A movie about a high school werewolf (Michael J. Fox) who uses his Wolf powers to be awesome at basketball. And the movie is actually kind of brilliant (in, coincidentally, kind of a Buffy-esque way).

The sequel is pretty goddamn horrendous. High school werewolf becomes college werewolf, uses werewolf powers to be awesome at boxing and stand-up comedy or some shit.

Not actually sure if it's the same character but it's a stinker. First one is, dare I say, essential viewing for anyone raised in the '80s with an appreciation for the absurd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
YES buffy and angel are whedon creations. he wrote a good many episodes and led his team of writers through the development of each seasonal story arc. if you watch them in the right order, you'll understand much better wtf is "the ancient ones" or whatevs in cabin in the woods. plus plus plus plus. not that you *need* it but it just fits the puzzle much better. it's that universe. the universe was created in buffy, expanded in angel, and here we are now (entertain us).

I thought the Ancient One was a Cthulhu-type thing. Am I forgetting something?
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|