View Single Post
Old 11.12.2016, 10:56 PM   #19860
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I couldn't agree more. I've tried countless times with it because I really really want to like it. Barker clearly has a great imagination and the scenes with the cenobites are awesome but the rest of it is just so flat. The main girl is particularly awful. Although I'm not sure if that's her fault or just poor direction from Barker (I suspect the latter). Fans will definitely disagree but, for me, if there was ever a film that warranted a remake it's that one. So long as whoever did it, didn't fuck around with the cenobites: the film's sole saving grace imo.

Cenobites get CRAAAZY in the second one, which a lot of people prefer to the first actually.

Also, a remake has been in talks for YEARS. One of them turned into a really poorly rated direct to video "sequel" a couple years ago that I never bothered with. Barked was going to be involved in the remake, but ... y'know..

I too would love to see a good retelling, since the first had the camera sheen of an early '90s Lifetime movie. For me, though, it worked all things considered.

The second one really kicks it up a notch. Some genuinely terrifying shit for an '80s movie. All the others are terrible. Maybe not as bad as the Nightmare on Elm Street sequels... but definitely nothing good going on in any of them. The fourth (which attempts to be anfar future space opera AND alternate history tale using a cast of essentially one very bad actor playing generation after generation of males in his family) is particularly awful in every way.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|