View Single Post
Old 07.30.2017, 11:13 AM   #1461
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
Almost through season 3 of "You're The Worst".

that's the one about the white cynics yeah? i saw a bit of that when it came out. didn't know it had 3 or 4 seasons?

i'm saying "white cynics" because their behavior looked to me very... "ethnic." Yeah ha ha.

But anyway is it good?

=======

just finished watching season 1 (should be the only season but whatever) of amazon's "i love dick"

it's good and interesting and grownup and overall very funny. there are no goodies vs. baddies, there are no predictable outcomes, and everyone is more or less intelligent and complicated as fuck and very difficult to divine.

not to say that there aren't irritating or seemingly stupid people/moments in it. not to say that i "agree" with everything that it shows/happens/etc. enjoying a piece of fiction should not be about finding validation in one's limited beliefs/postures/tastes. that's just narcissism.

what i liked about the show was that it challenged and confused me constantly and it also made me laugh. was i laughing for the right reasons? i don't know. but it's good to be both challenged and entertained at the same time. it's usually an either/or proposition-- but not here.

it was great. in a non-spectacular and non-rah-rah very low-key coffee-and-cigarettes-movie way but it was great.

eta: truly polyphonic i guess

also not really for bingeing cuz you need time to process

also i should add: the woman who plays the main character (chris) is absolutely great in it

i had seen her before in some tv shit like parks and rec and other stuff but didn't even know her name. which is kathryn hahn (first time for everything). she's fucking perfect in this part.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|