View Single Post
Old 08.20.2017, 04:53 PM   #1573
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i skimmed over your post and NO FUCKING WAY IM DOING WHAT YOU SAY and looking at or expecting anything NO.

i already glazed my eyes once over that page, what moron would i be to go there on purpose?

anyway as for genuinely smart compelling ideas, i find the star trek movie way more interesting, see

-they're going on a search for god and find... a capricious violent monster imprisoned. like the old testament god. much more subversive than putting satan himself there. "religion is the demon."

-a dude wants to relieve the crew of their pain, but eventually they realize that they need their pain lest they turn into elois. are they talking about straight pain or about suffering? either way, very anti-buddhist.

-they go there pulled by feelings, intutions and ideas. reason shows them otherwise. anti-romantic and anti-hippie all the way.

-don't fucking trust shamans

if you wanna talk about ideas, that movie has better ones precedes this show by i think 3 decades. maybe less im not sure. but anyway...

I really like Star Trek V dude. Love it. Haven't seen it in an age, but it's great. I'm not saying this episode of Who is better than that Ster Trek (though I do prefer Doctor Who as a thing to Star Trek and Star Wars), I'm just saying it was one of the episodes that made me take the show seriously. Like, as a show. That's all.

Also, you and I are two of maybe four people I've ever met who like Star Trek V. Just sayin'
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|