View Single Post
Old 09.04.2017, 02:39 PM   #1682
Severian
invito al cielo

Severian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's assesSeverian kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
that above seems a case of what hitchcock called moronic logic. a denial of the suspension of disbelief due in fiction on the basis of some logical flaw. sorta like saying "superman can't fly therefore i refuse to accept this story." if you're into a superman story you have to accept that our yellow sun gives him the superpower of flying and get on with things.

then again, when things are *too absurd* it's really impossible to get into anything.

i'm willing to take at face value that poppy could be grown in 'merica at the same time that i'd understand that the show it's not a documentary about alternative agriculture. then again if i knew too much about poppy fields i might just be unable to believe any premise here at all and we'd end up with an episode of frontline.

===

anyway taking advantage of my minor flu plus the holidays i've been watching some unknown season of the great british bake-off (netflix season numbers don't match the original).

it's nice to watch and relaxing fun except for the 2 presenters (not judges) who very annoyingly try to be "clever" every fucking time, and all they accomplish is to sound stupidly forced and unfunny. someone please shoot them. otherwise great show.

No you're a moron.
Severian is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|