View Single Post
Old 02.18.2019, 09:07 AM   #23599
Dr. Eugene Felikson
invito al cielo

Dr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's assesDr. Eugene Felikson kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by LifeDistortion
Velvet Buzzsaw was such a letdown. I was going to call it his sophomore slump, but its his third directed movie. I think it comes down to, you just don't care about any of the characters, so you don't care about their fate. Its needlessly overlong, this might have been a fun movie if they made it a nice 80-something minute movie.

There isn't even 80 minutes of worthwhile material in Velvet Buzzsaw. The funeral scene with Gyllenhaal critiquing the tone of the coffin wood got me to laugh, and then the art dude mistaking the trash bag in John Malkovich's studio for a piece was smile worthy, but that's really it.

I was expecting a stylish thriller of some sort, but instead I got some straight to DVD horror schlock wrapped in a half-assed "lol isn't art vapid?" flame retardant blanket.
Dr. Eugene Felikson is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|