View Single Post
Old 02.23.2019, 03:34 PM   #5986
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
“playing” the stock market for civilians is just that... “playing”. a recipe for disaster. nobody beats the market in the long run. hence the genius of john bogle. actually he got the idea from a professor? but yeah he was the entrepreneur who turned that vapor into a reality.

UBC: think about it as a trust fund.

see, the reason for the dreaded inequality is not one of “income” per se. it’s wealth.

when you’re born poor and come from nothing and maybe have the wrong hairdo one small fuckup can spiral into a lot of trouble. unpaid traffic tickets literally can land you in jail—im not joking. the u.s. still has debtors prisons in some jurisdictions. good luck finding a job as an ex-convict.

but when you have a wealth cushion you can fuck up and suffer misfortune and still come up smelling like roses.

and yes not everyone is great at managing their capital. people often squander their lives. maybe the bounty should be contingent on passing an economics course. i don’t know...

i just think that the future might very well be unemployed. and if income is tied to employment... good luck beating the robots

then again we might be to work at things we haven’t dreamed of yet.

but the way for the people to “own the means of production” is to ACTUALLY own them instead of trying to loot them. be a shareholder. PAY ME MY DIVIDENDS, COCA-COLA.

OK, fine. But my point still stands. If people want to get into that they can maybe transfer their UBI into a UBC. I won't complain if they end up doing really well out of it, but as someone who reads this stuff and frankly hasn't the foggiest, I'd rather just take my chances with a liveable income, discipline myself to spend within my means each month (which I've been doing all my adult life anyway) and accept my fate.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|