View Single Post
Old 02.24.2019, 01:13 AM   #5990
demonrail666
invito al cielo

demonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's assesdemonrail666 kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
i was living in the middle ages until recently in a voluntary experiment. trust me, the present is fantastic and we’re rich beyond the wildest dreams of our ancestors.

It depends how you want to define rich. Yes I can get more stuff than say, my parents generation, but they could buy a house on a very modest income in a city I can now barely rent a room in. They could plan for the future whereas the thing that marks the current era is an almost total lack of stability. I'm one of the lucky ones, with a (for now) steady income but I look around me, especially at those a generation or two below me, stuck in jobs with zero-hour contracts, with no prospects and the only word I can think of to describe their situation is hopeless. Tomorrow for those people is a horrifying place so it's hardly any wonder that so many of them are blowing what little they have on things that help blot it out. Your excursion into the middle ages may have been a voluntary experiment but for many it's an enforced reality, even if they happen to own a smart-phone and a pair of Nike Air-Max.
demonrail666 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|