View Single Post
Old 04.04.2006, 05:34 PM   #20
chabib
Administrator

chabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asseschabib kicks all y'all's asses
the problem however, is to overcome the tendency of returning curators to develop an incestuously familiar lineup... when ATP has a relatively predictable roster of returning acts, it loses something. the beauty in it is when performers are either of pulled out of nowhere or infamy and placed into the festival. the only brand names it needs to sell the fest are sonic youth and the stooges and both of them are already multiple-time returnees. everything else can be completely fresh to ATP and the lineup would be great. if bands like wolf eyes, lightning bolt, magik markers, dino, merzbow and double leopards aren't on the lineup, it would be really impressive. it's hard for me to say that since a bunch of them are friends of mine, but i think that they'd know what i mean. besides... most of those bands have other projects that are just as interesting as their primary ones.
chabib is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|