View Single Post
Old 03.08.2019, 05:37 AM   #23687
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I don't think it was masquerading as anything. Just one of those films that doesn't really fit comfortably in any category.
i used that just as a mirror to reverse severian’s statement but yeah it was no masquerade. i got caught up in rhetorical flourishes.

however i did think i was gonna find a period piece and found myself instead in some sort of hostel.

so much gore with little to no motivation i found problematic, and would not call it arthouse

eta: but then again, learning that it all came from folktale, it opened up for me some

Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
Also don't remember noticing any issue with the picture.

i didnt run it through a vectorscope, but the signal for this one was definitely darker than any other thing available on my screen. had to tweak luma and gamma hard to get a clear image.

sometimes people do that for aesthetic purpose. e.g. marcia macy marlene whatever the name of that was, used a desaturated/ underexposed film stock on purpose, but to me made it unwatchable. and i watched it at the movies actually but just looked bad.

with this one i wondered a lot if it was intended as an ancient would have seen inside a barn in the shadows... but see, the eye adapts to darkness more so than the camera. so maybe it was meant to convey their desperate state in visual form.

whatever the case, i had to tweak it way out of thx settings into overbright sports territory so that i could distinguish shapes
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|