View Single Post
Old 03.25.2019, 09:05 PM   #6328
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derek
I don't either, and it illustrates the problem of leaving a national health service underfunded, not that the model as a whole is bad.
well, in a perfect world, we wouldn't even need health care

but in the real world... having your health care at the mercy of politicians can literally become a death trap

my health insurance is actually a product of a local non-profit healthcare system that developed around a large hospital. no politicians involved. just doctors, administrators, a board of directors...

their insurance covers services with that hospital, various associated clinics, specialized heart and cancer centers, plus a network of authorized providers all over the state.

there's a deductible that keeps me cost conscious and a maximum out of pocket that keeps me from going bankrupt.

they also have associated networks out of state so if i'm traveling i can go there. works kinda like a co-op. it's really pretty good.

now they have video visits which are free of charge. i can basically get a nurse practitioner over video chat in less than 15 minutes, then be issued a prescription or referred to urgent care, etc. not as nice as having a doctor do home visits but it's quick and at my fingertips.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|