View Single Post
Old 04.11.2019, 09:48 AM   #23836
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
De Laurentis biggest mistake was hiring Lynch. De Laurentis' only real experience with sci-fi prior to Dune was Barbarella and Flash Gordon and I think he saw Dune running along similar lines: very ott, campy, trippy. The kind of thing he would've no doubt given to Fellini a decade earlier. It wouldn't have been the film devotees of the novels would've wanted but it would've been so different it probably wouldn't have offended them too much, either. and I think it would've ended up a great fun movie. Far better than the one that Lynch (who was never the right man to deliver that vision) ultimately produced.
oh right, from a delaurentiis perspective it was a mistake in that sense, yeah, it was never gonna be a fun silly movie like those 2. but in that case then dune was the wrong project for delaurentiis.

lynch was as close to frank herbert as you could get those days. jodorowski as you saw in that documentary turned it into his own hallucination with his own son as the star, i mean, changed the story completely.

but lynch, i feel he totally gets the very strong mental aspect of dune. i mean it was lynch who invented the mentat mantra.

he also invented the "weirding module," with the sound energy, which was cool as fuck. that's probably his transcendental meditation influence.

but yeah it was never gonna have men prancing around in tights like flash "gordo."

haaa haaaa haaa imagine fellini doing dune. he'd only be interested in the harkonnens i think. to have seen that would have been glorious. oh damn, what a loss that it never happened.
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|