View Single Post
Old 07.01.2019, 11:07 AM   #6848
!@#$%!
invito al cielo

!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses!@#$%! kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by demonrail666
I respect that. Forgetting about who you hope will get the nomination, or who you think is most likely to, which of the candidates do you think best represents the general ideology of the party right now?
general ideology? joe biden

there’s a progressive wave no doubt, and it’s the loudest and most fervent, but it’s not all of the party, and it’s not how the midterms were won.

and who was the other guy who said his electrician dad loved his union healthcare? he may not be famous but 150 million people have employee provided healthcare and might not be willing to part with it in spite of all the arguments.

as much as private insurance is marred by high deductibles and copays and even higher maximum out of pockets, pushing for mandatory single payer would be suicide.

please note, such a proposal could never pass through congress, so making it is really a moot point. this is why bernie wants people marching in the streets.

on the other hand, i think everyone could agree on a voluntary public option.

kamala harris too is offering medicare for all but i think she’s smart enough to not die on any random hill. you may call that opportunistic, i call it pragmatic.

eg see the murdoch post https://nypost.com/2019/02/01/what-k...icare-for-all/

(this is not my favorite paper by any means, i read it for educational purposes only, so there you go)
!@#$%! is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|