View Single Post
Old 09.02.2020, 11:34 PM   #8621
The Soup Nazi
invito al cielo

The Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's assesThe Soup Nazi kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by tw2113
i won't deny that in general, I'm confused by the electoral college, Surely the founding fathers and whatnot had legit reason to create and/or use it, but one has to wonder if it's outgrown itself since. I don't fault them for thinking it'd be a great idea, but we're also 200+ years after and much larger as a population.

I don't think there's that much to be confused about. First of all, the "founding fathers" had SLAVES, so it's not like they were fully committed to a truly universal democracy (women couldn't vote either). Then comes the part of not wanting the great unwashed to fuck up and elect a tyrant, which would have come in handy right after the 2016 election if the whole shitshow hadn't backfired and the wannabe tyrant hadn't been the one with more "electors" but three million real votes less. What's there to wonder - the system is a nightmare and the U.S. of A. (<- "the greatest country in the WORLD!") should have killed it when it (nominally) killed slavery.

Federalism is also a complete stupidity for a country like the States, but that's another discussion.

GADJI BERI BIMBA GLANDRIDI LAULI LONNI CADORI GADJAM A BIM BERI GLASSALA GLANDRIDI E GLASSALA TUFFM I ZIMBRA

The Soup Nazi is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|