View Single Post
Old 09.13.2022, 03:30 PM   #330
Skuj
invito al cielo

Skuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's assesSkuj kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by !@#$%!
right, that's what i've been saying. while i despise the idea of the aristocracy and the divine right of kings etc etc, having some sort of constitutional safeguard could prove handy in case of clusterfuck. i mean, for example, i do not like manure, but sometimes in the field i have to burn some to keep mosquitoes away, hahahah. call me a cynic, but whatever works, i say.

so, please explain if you don't mind, is charles the 3rd your actual boss? i mean you're in the royal canadian air force... this is all very strange to me. i've been watching "yes, minister" and learning in a most amusing way about how the british civil service works, but i don't know how it is with you guys. i've lived in republics of various kinds all my life, and a constitutional monarchy is an extremely alien concept to me. i seriously can't wrap my head around it...

He is our Head Of State. We have a Governor General, and provincial Lieutenant Governors who represent the monarch. They carry out Constitutional Duties. It's primarily ceremonial stuff, until shit hits the fan. Politics here has a higher level to answer to. Certain rules must be followed. We cannot have a GOP-led clusterfuck here, I hope? I think? I still cannot believe that our new Leader Of The Opposition was handing out timbits to all of those assholes who shut down Ottawa for 3 weeks, and the Cons are apparently overwhelmingly united behind him now. I keep trying to visualize him in charge during the whole pandemic. That might have kept the Queen busy.

I'm pissed off at Charest and others who have lined up behind this Dickhead. Have some balls!!! Quit the party. Actually, the party quit you anyway.

This next few years is going to make me cry, I know it. In the 2025 election, I am going to be asking wtf happened to my beloved country. I may move to Sweden. (Oh...wait....)

I retired from the Airforce, Dude. Now I work in a record shop!! I have finally achieved my dream!!