View Single Post
Old 08.09.2006, 07:18 PM   #10
EricsTrip
little trouble girl

EricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to beholdEricsTrip is a splendid one to behold
Quote:
Originally Posted by julia
How do you guys know that YYYs are headlining? Just curious.

Time Out says the two are co-headlining (which doesn't help us). It seems so ludicrous (and not to mention insulting) for the YYYs to go on last.

As for set times, the only comparable show was Bloc Party. Set times for that show, according to brooklynvegan, were: 6:20, 7:15 and 8:30.

Ticketmaster has been selling the tickets as "Yeah Yeah Yeahs / Sonic Youth." One would assume that if SY was going on last, they would be sold as "Sonic Youth / Yeah Yeah Yeahs." Similarly, the gigs opening for the Lips are sold as "Flaming Lips / Sonic Youth." Then there is the issue that, for better or worse, the YYY's seem to be more popular than SY right now.

Is it insulting for SY to essentially be opening for the YYY's? I sort of think so, but the concert promoters probably don't. I can sympathize with your plight, seeing as how the only SY gig I'll be attending this summer will be one opening for the Flaming Lips, at a venue I would otherwise avoid like the plague if not for the fact that SY is playing there.
EricsTrip is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|