View Single Post
Old 08.18.2006, 07:11 PM   #9
atari 2600
invito al cielo

atari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's assesatari 2600 kicks all y'all's asses
It was done well enough, but it failed in characterization. I understand that the makers decided to make it the way they did for a reason, but it is too much a jumbled mess without much good storytelling. All in all, I wouldn't term it "silly" though. It was a good enough movie for me to remark that most are worse, although something like Half Nelson or A Scanner Darkly is ambitious yet succeeds on more levels. As I wrote after I first viewed Demonlover, the ending scene is deeply disturbing & provides somewhat of a payoff for the tedium one has undergone to get there.
By the way, no snuff film or torture video out there has ever been proven to be real. They are all fakes.
It's my understanding that there are a few of the first Faces of Death series videos that are real (those that just happened to be caught on video), but the subsequent volumes are fakes.
atari 2600 is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|