View Single Post
Old 08.20.2006, 01:12 PM   #2
Washing Machine
expwy. to yr skull

Washing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's assesWashing Machine kicks all y'all's asses
I agree to an extent that the older albums had the feeling of being continuous pieces as opposed to individual songs. What I have always loved about 'Bad Moon Rising', 'Evol' and 'Daydream Nation' is that you forget what song your listening to as it all flows into one ugly, majestic, perverse symphony from hell. The later albums do seem to be more songform based, But I think SY has returned to making those kind of albums again (Rather Ripped being the exception). Particularly with 'NYCG&F' and 'Murray Street'. But perhaps that had a lot to do with Jim being in the band. The SYR's have that 80's SY feel in many ways.