View Single Post
Old 04.07.2006, 09:07 AM   #43
hey alex
the end of the ugly

hey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asseshey alex kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnywinternoshow
It's kind of sad for me that its been reported that since Jim left they're going back to more rocky songs, i loved how the songs on the last 2 albums had room to breathe if that makes sense
Makes sense, MS and nurse had a very open, almost jammy, feel to them which is goign to be missed. But we did get two fuckin great albums out of it.
I like Nurse a lot more than murray street. Partly becuz I saw them on the nurse tour when I barely knew any of their songs and it changed my life, so I love this album. I also think I may be one of the few people actually really love both plastic sun and arthur doyle... once I had MS in my friends car and while sun was on he asked me if i wanted to swtich cds and I said, "no, it's just a hisssy fit, and it's almost over." and that's why I love it.

I can neve rpick a favorite nurse though, they're all really good. Like I'd say it's their most consistent album, not best, but the most together feeling one. I love the way pattern recognition starts off, that first riff just bending off, great lead in to a good time. unmade bed, peace attack, and dripping dream are great thurston songs, some of my favorite. Lee's is good, not his best, but perfect fit on the disc (my girlfriend's favorite tho).

Fun fact - i wrote peace attack on the back of my jacket. I guess if i had to pick a favorite song, it might be that one.
Duran Duran's 1995 covers album Thank You was recently voted the worst album of all time by a Q magazine poll. Although we respectfully disagree (Sonic Youth's NYC Ghosts & Flowers is clearly the worst album of all time) -Pitchfork (hahahah!)

Here's a myspace of my music and 4-track ramblings
the electric kites--the jamz of me n my friends
hey alex is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|