View Single Post
Old 08.31.2006, 08:47 AM   #109
gmku
invito al cielo

gmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's assesgmku kicks all y'all's asses
My favorite dream took place last winter. I had a dream that I was going through my normal morning routine of stopping at the coffeehouse on the way to work. Only it was midnight. I got to the counter and suddenly couldn't remember why I was there. I explained my confusion to the girl, and walked out, felt the cold door handle, felt the bitter wind in my face, and had the horrible fear that I was sleepwalking and somehow had ended up downtown at midnight when I should be in bed.

It was incredibly real. I really thought I was awake, downtown, confused. I could really feel the wind, and all the waking life details were in place, right down to the posters on the coffeehouse door, the face of the girl who served coffee every morning, everything. I was truly terrified, couldn't figure out how I'd gotten there or what I should do.

Sounds mundane, I know, but because it felt so real, it was truly frightening. When I woke up, it almost felt like I'd somehow been transported downtown, like an out of body experience.