View Single Post
Old 09.04.2006, 10:08 AM   #5
Inhuman
invito al cielo

Inhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's assesInhuman kicks all y'all's asses
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moshe
Sonic Youth will make their final Canadian stop of the year at the Osheaga Festival in Montreal on Saturday. The event takes place at Parc Jean Drapeau and the first day also features Dinosaur Jr., Clap Your Hands Say Yeah!, K-OS, Islands and The Stills. The second day is headlined by Ben Harper, The Flaming Lips and Wolf Parade.
—Noah Love

Dinosaur Jr. didn't impress me at all. I didn't think they put on too good of a show, and the audience wasn't into it too much either. I still really like them as a band though.

Clap your hands and say yeah was hilarious, they only played the second half of their set and the first half was rave/electronica music played on the loud speakers. Not too big on them myself.

K-OS I only heard, but I was never really into him.

Islands had the indiest setup ever with people wearing fake heads on top of theirs to make them look taller and really skinny. It's the second time seeing them, although I never really liked them. I could barely differ them from wolf parade. There's a lot of artists that sound like that.

Aanndd I unfortunately missed Ben Harper, Flaming Lips, and most of all Lady Sovereign. At least Lady Sovereign is coming back later this month. She has to be one of te best looking people I've ever seen in my life, and her rapping is even better.

As for Sonic Youth, it completely blew me away. Unfortunately my pictures came out half ass because my camera was always moving due to the people mosing. But all I can say is wow, played tonnes of great songs and the crowd was great. The setlist was something like:

-Teenage Riot
-Reena
-Incinerate
-Eric's Trip
-Turquoise Boy
-?
-Jams Run Free
-Pink Steam

-The world looks red
-?