View Single Post
Old 09.29.2006, 12:05 PM   #1
noisemachine
100%

noisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's assesnoisemachine kicks all y'all's asses
Last night at the Wiltern, there were quite a few people who felt it necessary to make asses of themselves and the rest of the audience by booing and yelling things like "go home!" and "You suck" as well as other assinine comments while the band 16 Bitch Pile-Up was playing.

I just want to express my extreme disapproval and hatred of what these people were doing. If you dont like the band thats playing, leave the fucking room and go sit in the lobby until they are done. Nobody is making you stay there. If its not your cup of tea, fine. Just dont ruin the experience for the rest of us. I know you people think you are funny or clever shouting negative comments throughout the entire set, but its just fucking rude. Its extremely rude to the band on stage and its rude to the members of the audience (like me) who are enjoying it. And I know some of you may not be able to comprehend this, but its very rude to sonic youth. They are the ones that chose the band to open. So by dissing the band during their set, you are also dissing Sonic Youth and their taste in music. And how is Sonic Youth supposed to explain this type of behavior to the band? "Oh, sorry we have such closed-minded douchebags for fans..."?

If you don't like what you hear and you want to express your opinion, the fine. But yelling "get off the stage" at the top of your lungs while the band is in the middle of their set is absolutely not the way to do it. 16 Bitch Pile-Up is a noise band. Im sorry sonic youth didnt choose your indie-pop-flavor-of-the month band to open for them. Its something different, so maybe keep an open mind? And if any of these people booing were really sonic youth fans, they would know that Sonic Youth fucking loves this kind of stuff.

Im sorry for ranting and I know Im probably more or less preaching to the choir on this issue, but I was extremely pissed last night and needed to get this off my chest. I was truly embarassed and ashamed to be in the crowd last night. I've never seen so many closed minded individuals. Hopefully one of the lurkers that reads this will be one of the culprits. And to you I say: just have some fucking respect.

Thats all.

noisemachine is offline   |QUOTE AND REPLY|